Steve Campbell is the Office Manager/University Liaison for Air Force ROTC Detachment 592, University of North Carolina at Charlotte. While Steve is new to Det. 592 beginning in May of 2019, he is not new to the Air Force. As a retired Senior Master Sergeant, he brings a strong foundation of military knowledge and experience to the unit. As a Senior NCO he mentored several young officers during their first field leadership assignments. He also brings a strong back ground in administrative support as a graduate of Central Michigan University with a Master of Science in Administration. A self-described lifelong learner, Steve has also attained a Bachelor of Science in Management / Computer Information Systems from Park University, an Associate of Arts in Management Studies from the University of Maryland, University College and Associate of Applied Science degrees in Aerospace Ground Equipment Technology and Transportation and Traffic Management from the Community College of the Air Force. Steve is originally from Shelby, NC where he attended Burns High School.
Air Force career highlights include;
- AFSCs 1A251 Loadmaster with 1000 flying hours, 2A692 AGE Superintendent
- Technical Training
- Honor Graduate Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) Repairman course
- Honor Graduate AGE Advanced Technician course: Chanute AFB, IL
- Aircraft Loadmaster Ground school: Shepard AFB, TX
- C-141 Aircraft Loadmaster Qualification school: Altus AFB, OK
- Air-Land, Equipment and Personnel Airdrop certifications, Charleston AFB, SC
- Water and Land Survival schools: Fairchild AFB, WA
- Professional Military Education
- Airman Leadership School: Tyndall AFB, FL - NCO Academy in residence: Myrtle Beach AFB, SC - Senior NCO Academy in residence: Maxwell AFB, AL
- Assignments; Tyndall AFB, FL, Charleston AFB, SC, Incirlik AB, Turkey, Bergstrom AFB, TX and Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
- Deployments and Operations; Reforger, Galant Knight, Bright Star, Urgent Fury, Just Cause, Desert Shield/Desert Storm, Southern Watch, Maple Flag, Allied Force
- Key positions held: Wing Quality Assurance Assessor, Republic of Turkey AGE War Ready Materials Manager, Squadron Mobility Officer, DCM Combat Plans Chief, Deployment First Sergeant, AGE Flight Chief, and Squadron Production Superintendent
Steve’s post Air Force career has included leadership roles in manufacturing and logistics with Duracell, Lucent Technologies, Valspar, Mueller Systems and Jeld-Wen.
Steve Currently resides in Concord, NC with his daughter Jennifer who is a graduate of UNCC with a BFA in Graphic Design. Two nephews are also UNCC graduates.